Rules for the voting
Rules and guidelines for voting
1. Bloggers are allowed to vote for both the “People’s choice” and the “Blogger’s choice” category. The “People’s choice” vote is open to the public. The “Blogger’s choice” vote is limited to registered bloggers only.
2. Bloggers are allowed to advertise on their blog.
3. Bloggers who did not sign up during the nomination stage are still eligible to register and vote for either category.
4. You are not allowed to change your vote.
5. The “People’s choice” category will only have one winner.
6. The “Blogger’s choice” category will have three winners — gold, silver and bronze respectively.
7. Voting for the categories will end on May 15th, 2008. Results will be released by June 1st.
8. In the event of a tie, votes casted by the owner of the blog do not go towards the final vote count. In the event that there still is a tie, the number of nominations that either blog obtained will be used as a tie breaker. In the unlikely scenario that the two blogs still tie, they will share the prize.
Requirements for the nomination:
1. In order to nominate a blog, the proposer has to own or write for an anime blog. His or her anime blog must be created before February 1st, 2008. The proposer must have also written at least one post in March 2008.
2. The proposer should register themselves as a subscriber using their assumed blog nickname here, the proposer needs to ensure they enter their blog address and valid email address also.
3. All authors in group blogs are eligible to vote.
4. You may nominate up to three blogs in each category by commenting on the relevant Category page. Nominations start on March 20th.
5. Self-nomination is not allowed to ensure the awards are fairly given.
6. Nominated blogs must be created before February 1st, 2008 and have a minimum of 5 blog posts. At least one post must be made from March 1st, 2008 to April 1st, 2008.
7. When nominating a blog, state its URL for ease of identification. As an example, http://animeblogawards.com instead of The Anime Blog Awards.
8. Only English language blogs can be nominated.
9. You may nominate the same blog for different categories. However, a nomination for a blog in the wrong category will be considered null and void, e.g. nominating Danny Choo for the Episodic Blog category, or Random Curiosity for the Editorial Blog category.
10. You do not have to nominate blogs for all the categories. However, you are required to fill in at least 9 nominations in 9 different categories in order for your nomination to be accepted.
11. If you made a mistake with your vote, you can request a change by emailing us with the contact form.
12. Any user who enters an invalid / non-existent blog will be automatically deleted.
13. Nominations will end on April 22nd, 2008 with the top 5 blogs in each category qualifying as candidates.